GreenDrive – Solar Power for Golf Carts
The entire solar system for autarkic power supply of the golf cart consists of the solar module HES-104-350 with frame including the complete charge electronics for 48V lead acid batteries with temperature compensation and LCD display. The display shows the generated energy, the avoided amount of CO2 and other data. It can also show the current values or the total yields.
The solar cells used have a contact-free, dark blue surface and a very high energy conversion of 22%. The base plate with fibreglass reinforcement has an aluminium coloured surface on both sides and is covered with a UV and weather resistant foil on the top. Due to its special construction, the module is semi-flexible, robust and lightweight. The module is fixed on a frame made of brushed stainless steel, which can be attached to various golf cart models.
The Advantages of GreenDrive
- Can be installed on site at any time
- High performance solar panel: 350 Wp
- No operating costs
- Permanent charging in the sunlight
- The golf cart can be rented out for the whole day.
State-of-the-Art Solar Technology:
- Very high energy conversion efficiency of 22%
- UV and weather resistant
- Semi-flexible and very robust
Technical Data of the Solar Panel
- Real power: 350W @ 1000W/m2 AM1.5, Tmod=55°C
- Real charge current: 5.85A @ 1000W/m2 AM1.5, Tmod=55°CC
- Dimensions / Weight: approx. 1710 x 1100 x 35mm / approx. 12kg
Technical Data of the Charge Electronics and the Display
- Output voltage: 40 … 56V (Tamb=25°C /48V Battery)
- Temperature compensation: Lead-Acid / AGM / Gel
- Energy conversion efficiency: approx. 99% @ 10-350W
- Closed Quiescent current: max. 3mA @ 50V, Tamb = 35°C
- Dimensions: approx. 80 x 60 x 60mm (display)
- Cable: 2x 4mm2 insulated
The power indicator is mounted underneath of the solar panel. It is rotatable which allows adjustment to the viewing angle.
The device performs regularly precise measurements of the relevant parameters such as charge current, power, temperature, time, etc. The recorded data is processed and stored internally and can be displayed by pressing a button on the LCD display.
Example Menu 1: Total solar energy generated since installation in kWh (top row) | Total avoided CO2 emissions in kg (bottom row)